March 9, 2011

Writers can not call themselves Writers

You, the one reading this blog, do you call yourself a writer? If not, leave. If so, continue on.
You may be named Allison, and then you call yourself  a writer. You may tell people "Allison the Writer, at your service."
Do you really want to call yourself a writer?
In order to resolve this question, you must ask yourself, what is a writer and it's entirety?
A writer is one who writes.
Does this make you a writer? Yes. Does this make me a writer? Yes.
Does this make that foul-mouthed bully a writer? Yes. Does this make the straight-F 3rd Grader a writer? Yes.
There are many writers in the world, though most like to classify themselves as something different. The few that call themselves writers are writers, but there is something deeper to them.
I like to call these people storytellers. They have a story to tell, and they use writing as a gateway of telling them.

Think about what you call yourself next time you speak to someone.
Just an on-the-spot post by the storyteller in her mind.

1 comment:

  1. After research a couple of of the blog posts on your web site now, and I truly like your approach of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site listing and can be checking again soon. Pls check out my web page as well and let me know what you think. Affiliate spam

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete